Rilakkuma Lightroom: Passion on B&W (By Calvin)

Monday, January 10, 2011

Passion on B&W (By Calvin)

Nikon FM2
Taking a good photo not necessary to have a good camera, but it is necessary to have a camera that the photographer loves it. The Nikon FM2 is my dream camera. It is not the most powerful camera, however it is so classic and elegant, just like a classic car in the camera world. FM2 is a film camera, unlike those digital camera nowadays, every time you press the shutter, it will cost you film. Therefore, using a classic camera like FM2 requires  the photographer to think before they take a photograph. This is the point where I think the fun of photography is. No doubt, considering how the lights and motions combine to become a perfect photo cause you a lot time and effort. However, a good photo should bring you sense of fulfillment that can outweigh the hard work in taking the photo. I think this is the true spirit of photography and one day I will own my classic camera!






This is one of my favorite B&W photo, it looks the
Chinese-ink-painting.
Other than the classic camera, I also insane about black and white photos. Others may think a good photo should be rich in colors, but I have another opinion. I think black and white photo can really bring a photo into lives. The is because black and white photo can have better texture and make you feel you are also inside the photo! On the other hand, black and white photo requires more experiences and skill and I am still having troubles to make this magic happen in my photos. Ha!

B&W photo has better texture

No comments:

Post a Comment